I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My time in silence


A tree in Lethbridge. I wish that I brought my camera so I could show some pictures from Abbotsford. Anyways.


I went to the MARK centre for a 3 day silent retreat with some women that I admire and deeply respect...Eden Jersak, Evy Klassen, Bindu Oommen, Cathy Hardy, Lorie Martin...To name a few. It was a time I can't express in words...How could I? I spent 3 days listening to the stillness and wonderings and love through my heart's eyes and ears. And some things spoken were much much too precious to post.


I feel like my soil is rich, moist, deep, thick and full of nutrients. I feel like my roots have drunk deep deep into that goodness. I know that my tree (me) is growing from a strength that comes from within and isn't striving.


A Prayer to the Potter


Dear Potter,

The lump of clay that I am

Keeps crying for some form day by day

I yearn for you to mold me

This is a trust song, Lord

I am in your hands like clay

I am ready to be transformed;

I expect

To be molded

I expect

To be beautiful

I expect

To be loved

And if by chance someone should drop me as some of your apprentices do

I expect

To be hurt

I'm just trying to say

I have surrendered to your dream for me

I am in your hands

Like Clay


- Macrina W.

3 comments:

Walshy said...

I love your heart..I will see you Sunday..cannot wait!

Anonymous said...

Ive been reading this book for one of my classes which talks about how we need to take leisure or sabbath time where there is no activity and is a mere reflective soul resting in God where one is at peace with oneself and content with the world and merely worshiping in silence and listening to the Creator. It isn't something I'm good at, I have trouble turning off the worrying, analyzing, planning part of my brain. I'm glad you are able to have that silent time with God, and somewhat envious.

anita laura said...

What a beautiful request to be molded.... I love making things out of clay.... so tonight you’ve put a great visual in my head. =) Thank you!