I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Update


Easter this year, felt a bit like New Years. As though it is at Easter we should make new resolutions and put to death the things of "last year". I am going to go with that feeling.
Instead though, of making lenten and January resolutions of not eating sugar, exercising more etc etc I want to just TRUST. Trust that what I do get done is enough. Trust and feel God's presence and mercy and love. Trust that He's guiding me. Trust that I'm loved and beautiful. Trust in a future I couldn't possibly have imagined or created for myself.

David is almost home (4 days!) and I can hardly contain myself. This month alone has been so challenging, overwhelming spiritually, but also really really good. I really let myself experience the spaciousness in my life. Instead of marching through the grid-lines of an hour by hour schedule, I let myself breathe. Instead of racing out the door in the morning, disheveled and chaotic, I prayed. Instead of occupying myself at all hours of the day, I sat on the couch, in silence, with a cup of tea and just sat there. No music, no agenda, no major thought or dilemma.
I learnt how to be a little bit more at peace. I learnt how to be a better wife! I'm excited to see how or if I can continue in this way when David gets back, or if I will be stepping into a new learning environment. Either way, there will be no beating myself up over it!

One goal I do have, however: I actually started to like blogging. WHAT?! I still want to make it more useful. I hope to make Monday the day I can post a Lectio Divina or other listening exercise for anyone to do if they choose throughout the week. I'll still blog when I feel the need, too. I need to have some intentional listening time for myself, and I know people go on the computer more than they would like. So if you happen to be wandering around and stumble on my page, maybe you can do the exercise, or maybe it can be a reminder that there are more important things to be doing than looking at a friend of a friends facebook photos.

God is very near. He is so close. I often get the sensation of him breathing, and I want to listen. I want to quiet down and listen carefully. Even in his breathing, he is saying something important.

No comments: