I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Carry me..

Instead of studying today I fell asleep in the hot sun for 4 hours. My exhaustion level is peaking. It isn't just school either, meaning the workload. It is the difficult social interactions with the hurt confused angry unforgiving prideful and fearful. It is the self examinations to find I'm pretty much in the exact same boat. It is the questions I have, the concerns for others, the prayers I am still waiting on. It is the frustration aimed at myself for not being able to see past all of this.

The verse chosen for me this year is Isaiah 46:4 "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
How can I be like me when I have this kind of promise? I'm a special case. But just in case you are too...Here is a song that goes through my head a lot. "River Constantine" by Jars of Clay

Carry me, your love is wider than my need could ever be
Come to me, and I will walk along your shore line
Feel your crashing waves sing in time
With the beating of my heart

Pour out, come down on me
Pour out, come down on me

River deep, could I know you as well as you know me?
Constantine, will we travel faster farther
than these legs could ever trustworthy be?

Pour out, come down on me
Come down, pour out on me


* picture by Beatrice Alemagna

2 comments:

didlake said...

Greetings!

I've never been to this blog before, but I just found it. And I have to say that you've chosen to write about my absolute favorite Jars of Clay tune.

Well done! Really - Wow!

Jes said...

you're in my thoughts Elli...

love Jes