I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Just some thoughts...And lots of snow

Happy First Day of Spring! (picture is of our view from the kitchen window!)
The snow here hasn't stopped, but keeps sprinkling down and piling up...
I've been reading about the Israelites in the wilderness grumbling...And I want to be a person filled with thankfulness. I so desire the wet spring and sprigs of green and the smell of new grass, but God is still giving us snow.

I have lots on my heart today, about love and discipleship, about gratefulness, freedom, resurrection and life, and guarding my heart and asking for more...But maybe some other day I'll write about it. I woke up this morning from a dream about people I love who've died and I'm all swirled up in the mystery and heaviness of loss and dreams and heaven and God.

Today the snow slides off the roof and builds up under our kitchen window. The trees across the street are drooping under the weight of their snow coats. And God is present and God watches over all my comings and goings. We'll see spring! Just not yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elli,
You write so beautifully. I am refreshed by your thoughts.
-Lynne

Shari-Anne said...

The way you live so sensitively and openly makes me long for that more in my life. Please keep writing and sharing. . .I feel so blessed today!