I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

MIND SWITCHEROO

Today I woke up and was in a terrible, self-defeating mood. Despite saying St. Patricks prayer every morning, "I arise today with a mighty strength..." I came to work and was still in this miserable mind frame where everything is slightly negative. Then a song popped into my mind: This is the day that the LORD has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it! And suddenly I realized I was dissing God in a major way. That is a kick in the pants. I have so much to be thankful for, and even if I can't think of anything the truth remains that God made this day and He wants it to happen and there WILL be things to rejoice in. I am so thankful for God and his patience with me. I am so thankful for friends and kids that encourage me and love on me. I am thankful for fall leaves!!! I am also thankful for Walshy, who has such an encouraging post today. So what are you thankful for today? What are you rejoicing about?

3 comments:

Walshy said...

I love you!

Walshy said...

ok to add blogs go to the top right hand corner when you are logged in and click "customize" then a page will come up and click "add a gadget" then find the one that says "blog list" then just write in our blog names (ex. ramblingsoftheirish.blogspot.com)- oh and one more thing..to allow anonymous comments( my mom tried to comment and couldnt) go to settings..then comments..and click under "who can comment?" - anyone..then people like momma walsh can comment..hope this helped?

Anonymous said...

You have a way with words. You truly do. You make something wonderful out of something crappy all the time (from what I can tell, haha). That's pretty much an amazing skill. Keep 'em coming!