I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Deeper Waters

I have been re-reading Madeleine L'engle's book, "Walking on Water" and my mind is being blown apart. I lay awake for half the night (well partly due to Zoe!) just running over and over in my mind the implications of , if this is true, then... And can say that I feel God pulling me into the deep waters of faith. I am a little bit scared, but also so thankful and excited. Here is a little pool to let wash over you:

A French priest, conducting a retreat, said,
To love anyone is to hope in him always. From the moment at which we begin to judge anyone, to limit our confidence in him, from the moment at which we identify [pigeon hole] him, and so reduce him to that, we cease to love him, and he ceases to be able to become better. We must dare to love in a world that does not know how to love.

We are to be children of light, and we are meant to walk in the light, and we have been groping along in the darkness. The creative act helps us to emerge into the light, that awful light which the disciples saw on the Mount of Transfiguration, and which the Hebrew children saw on the face of Moses when he had been talking with God on Mount Sinai.

2 comments:

Jes said...

Thank you for this Ellie...

Hope you are well dear friend.
Love Jes

Claire said...

Another stirring quote - thank you!