I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Monday, January 19, 2009

important changes of season


I love spring!!! I know it is only January, and that it will most definitely snow again. I can't help but frolick around now, while the sun is out and everything is melting; I'm euphoric. Just let me play, and breathe this in. Also, this time is exciting, as I watch friends emerge from shells and old coats and stand on their own wobbly legs, learning how to walk the walk with Jesus.


I know that seasons change, and truly, I'd get so tired if it always stayed the same. So funny, that we become anxious, doubting, and chaotic when our spiritual life changes. I've gone from a year of summer to a year of winter. Maybe it changes monthly for you. Whatever the case, why are we not used to the constant change? Why can't we accept it, and see it for what it is? You haven't done anything wrong or sinned extra bad, no, it is just the time to work on things NOW.


In my minute meditation this morning it said to reflect on the important changes of season that have happened in your life. I noted that it said changes of season not, seasons of change. Why would that be? Could it be that the changing of seasons in my life is as important as the season itself? God won't keep us in the same place forever. Our earthly "comfort" is not one of his priorities. As I reflect on that, I think about a quote that says, " you can learn a lot on your knees" meaning that you can see different things than you can standing up or lying down. I can't possibly learn everything I need to with God when everything is wonderful. Trust him then? Oh yeah, that is easy. The real test comes when things aren't looking good, when I don't see enormous amounts of beauty or love. Is God really love? Is he really trustworthy?


I have to thank God when I think that He is more concerned with matters of my heart and soul than giving me the "life I want". He really does love us.


2 comments:

Kroegeroos said...

check this guy out..
www.myspace.com/leifvollebekk
he's a friend of a friend of mine and I think that if he went on tour with Phil Kjos I would become their groupies and follow them around on tour...

Walshy said...

I miss you too! Thanks for all the love and laughter! I forgot to call you parentals..I am safe. Leave it to me! May God continue to bless you silly pants! See you soon! ahhh! Much love and prayer!