I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rise up!!

Okay so my friend Bre is getting me all fired up about this...

It is nothing new that women are portrayed in the media and advertisements as sex- objects and that is pretty much it, until we're all numb from seeing these images and subconsciously examining ourselves and measuring ourselves to an artificial woman...Essentially believing a lie about ourselves and the women around us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hibyAJOSW8U

You have so much more (so much better things) to offer the world than sex. Your beauty and femininity is not an image. It is not an appearance. It is of such high worth that it needs guarding.

And for some reason, taking pride in being a woman seems to come with fists and a boo-ra-ra....But it certainly doesn't need to. This isn't about fighting for rights. It is about re-claiming who you are. And for goodness sake's stop going to men to find out who you are!!!! I have come to believe that so many women are sexually confused/frustrated because they don't fit into a stereotype of femininity. Ridiculous!! What you do, what your passions are, how you look does NOT define who you are, in terms of your womanliness.

Women: you are so precious as you are, for what is INSIDE you, for your worthy spirit, and for what brings you joy and what you ADD to the world!! Take up space! ENLARGE the world with who you are! Stop trying to shrink and disappear.

Whatever you are interested in: plumbing, dance, family raising, justice fighting, business, computers, skiing, architecture, cooking, writing...You do it with a beautiful slant uniquely feminine and life- bringing! Share LIFE in whatever you do and wherever you go.

So...I'm wondering how to promote this truth in my life to other women. I'd LOVE to have a community of women of all ages that gets together to speak life to one another and teach each other...And I might use my sewn products as well...Are you doing anything?? Even in your own life? Cutting out television and magazines maybe? Wearing conservative clothing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN3qO4sY3fk


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ellie!
We must have been on the same wave length last week - read my recent blog post!
http://www.thisflourishingjourney.blogspot.ca/2012/04/perfect-lie-true-beauty-in-our-culture.html

Love your thoughts, keep 'em coming!
xo

Walshy said...

You're so lovely! I thank God that he planted such a beautiful heart inside of you. I needed this, sometimes the reminders from God through you and others are just what I need. Praise you for being bold and beautiful! Thank-you.