I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Trust

So I've been wanting to really intentionally listen throughout my day, as I've been feeling a bit deaf and numb. My neighbour is a yoga instructor, and she asked me today if I wanted to come to one of her sessions at her house this evening.
I have done yoga before, but I'm always very conscious of the spiritual aspect that I am totally uncomfortable with. I wasn't sure, but I also thought it could be a good way for me to still myself and listen to God again. So, I started to do some pre-stretching (ha! don't want to be embarrassed!) and just praying a general protection prayer. Her husband does childcare in the next room, so I brought Zoe over and did some yoga.
It was a bright room with a window looking over the forest. There were only three of us, and it felt very relaxed and comfortable. When she asked us to set our "intention" I asked God to make me aware of his spirit in me, and to be still and listen.
At one point we were doing a stretch that puts you in a lunge and then you put your hands above you and arch your back (soo hard!) and she said something about letting this be your "expression of trust."
Hmm...
When we opened our eyes, the first thing I saw was the tamaracks bending and swaying in the wind.
Hmm..
So it continued, and of course, all the positions that require you to open up your chest, or "heart space" I have such a time with. I know that I am guarded. Afraid of a lot.
As I've been thinking about this, and trust, I think I have said "no" for awhile to God's nudgings, although I'm not too sure when or why. I convinced myself to stay huddled up instead of branching out. And those  tamaracks, well they sway like they are going to fly away, but they trust that their root system is deep.

What can I do but Trust that God is good?! What can I do but lean and rely and adventure out in Trust? To pray and trust that I am heard. To trust that God has plans for me and guides me in them.To trust that He is my defender.Maybe I'll do that pose more...To feel my shaking feet and legs and the stretch across my chest and through my back...And be reminded that I can have TRUST in God. He roots me and holds me and asks me to be brave. To adventure out. To "trust in the LORD with my whole heart and lean not on my own understanding..." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

1 comment:

Kroegeroos said...

After reading this I realized my heart was racing and my breathing, heavy. Something must have been resonating with me! I especially like your thoughts on the tamarack trees. thanks once again.
Tell David my thoughts are with him and hope he can find something to poor all his passion into. I don't know very many (if any) people with his kind of passion...
love you guys
N