I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Zoe: life lessons 9

When Zoe walks, holding our hands, she tends to take huge purposeful stomp-steps. She puts her head down and just goes...Often faster than her legs can move, and faster than we can keep her up with our hands. While it is super cute, it isn't very effective for taking leisurely strolls, or actually balancing. 

I've been feeling out of balance. Life has been full- which is so great- but I haven't stopped, just put my head down and kept going. More days than not I feel in a bit of a funk, which is unusual for me. 
Something really meaningful for me someone once said was that I get a word from God and then run with it...Which is sometimes a good thing, and sometimes not so much! I tend to get ahead of myself and get over-confident. I hear one thing and then put my head down and don't keep listening!!

Now, I am lonely for the companionship of God's voice. I want to be still, to listen. I want to be watching and searching and listening for Him in everything again. Life is so much more fulfilling and adventurous and simple and lovely when I remember that I'm being pursued by one who knows how to love me, to woo me,guide me and to delight me. May I slow down and look up to the hands I'm holding, to the One who walks with me, teaching and loving me. 

1 comment:

Kroegeroos said...

wow, good life-lesson