I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Zoe life lessons 12

There is a picture A.O. took at Zoe's birth where my eyes are wide and I have this expression of complete surprise and shock and awe at this little baby on my chest (but I didn't post it- no breast shots of me on the internet!!). I still feel that way. I almost have this disconnect-awe because I just simply can't wrap my mind around being a mom, having a baby, and the miracle that is Zoe and her personality.

I was thinking about it yesterday. I do not feel possessive over Zoe in some senses, because I know that she is so much more than David and I- that she was created by God. She is just pure gift. It is an amazing incredible mind boggling privilege that God entrusts us with human lives, to love and raise with discipline and compassion. I already feel that I am failing so badly at this! But there is so much grace!! I am so humbled by this work of parenting.

The truth- that we are created and loved by God and so so special is true for all of us. I want to take this belief into every conversation, visit, thought and prayer I have for myself and others. Everyone. My prayer is for everyone I come across to feel that I value them, what they have to say, to bestow dignity and grace and service towards them. Amen.

No comments: