I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Friday, October 3, 2008

October

Down in the coulees between the west of Lethbridge and every other part is a little park. After a loooong day staring at a computer I decided to go there to watch the sun set. Driving down into Fort Whoop up is like going down a deserted secret road to the most beautiful sanctuary ever. There was so much beauty (okay, I'm a sucker for trees) I could hardly take it in. I watched a trio of leaves spiral slowly down in the air from their branch. I smelled FALL. As much as I wished I had my camera, God reminded me that He isn't really about self-preservation. He wants me to live now, to rest now, and to be present, listening now. I went down to the Old Man River ( that seriously is its name) and just noticed. I noticed how much I love rocks. I noticed how slow the river moved, lapping the rocks and curving this way and that. I noticed that this park was quite close to the road, where cars were quickly passing. Such a shame. God is always speaking to us, always revealing himself to us. Where did September go? We need to slow down. We need to slow our hearts and minds. We need to spend even an hour, in God's FRICKEN AWESOME AMAZING creation, listening. No agenda. Wonder what He's been saying to you?

3 comments:

Kroegeroos said...

YEAH the quote you gave me.... that song is INCREDIBLE I had tears and goosebums when I heard it! I've been listening to them nonstop for the past two days! I bought the cd off of itunes

Kroegeroos said...

goosebumps*.... not sure what goosebums would be... :/ hahaha

Walshy said...

Maybe one day soon we can have our own little adventure in the coulees..