I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Resolution


This is my resolution. This year will hold so many changes and surprises and beginnings and endings and as it stands now the colouring in of so much of our future. Though I don't want to think about it too much, this year will contain new pain and new struggles, worse, old struggles and old pain, and good things too: new adventures and new joys.

But God loves me in a special way and always speaks to me in fresh new ways. The image of a sea turtle is not exactly new for 2011 but it seems to be sticking. A little unusual, and I'm not exactly sure the practical application of this (God wants me to be a sea turtle?!) but I'm holding to it, and have some craft projects cooking in my mind. I have really wanted to do more abiding and by really going over who I am in Christ and asking Him how He sees me and why He loves me (and using that as my protective shell from getting defensive or hurt) who knows what life could look like?!

1 comment:

Claire said...

interesting! will you write more about it through the year? I'd love to hear how this unfolds in your life. Your relationship with God is a beautiful inspiration to me.