I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Soft inside

My first little craft!

I feel so thankful; I've been really really good. Before school started this week God planted this happy song in my heart and it hasn't left. I'm able to learn at school instead of despairing and feeling angry at all the teachers. I'm actually able to learn from someone who two weeks ago I could honestly say I hated! Each day God is revealing his promises to me through his presence.
Slowly slowly I am learning to let go.

This week I've been mulling over (I wouldn't call it meditating) the truth that I am God's child (John 1:12). I do feel provided for, disciplined, looked after, protected and dearly loved. I DO feel confident to run to the throne and be transparent and child like in both my joy and sadness.

And I'm also thinking about the soft insides of a turtle. When Jesus is my shell of protection, when He is my defender and strength; I have the ability to grow soft and tender and vulnerable and humble and free from fear. I feel like I'm growing at the enormously fast speed that Baby Gillen is. And I'm beginning to wonder, and believe even, that I might just give my heavenly father the delight that this little mystery gives to me.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Elli,
I'm so glad to hear that you are opening up to joy and peace. I'm so happy that we were able to get together during Christmas. Andrew says hi and thanks for the gift.
Give me a call if you ever need a chat.

Love,
Lynne

Claire said...

you give him MORE than the delight you feel at that little one..