I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Deep and Wide

I have been feeling so blessed by the generosity of everyone around me. With their words of wisdom, food, kind thoughts, physical support, listening ears, drives home, and love. Thank you so much. I feel neck deep in the support and love of community around me.

While rest is still on the agenda and not in practice as much as I would like...I'm beginning to see where God might be taking me on my own journey- to benefit me not just now, but for the long run too. I have the words of the sunday school song "Deep and wide" running through my head.
God's rest as total immersion into the deep and wide love of God.

I'm noticing more my immediate compulsion to control: control my time, expecting it to go a certain way. Basically, to not go with the flow. Most of my "rest" ideas have been premeditated and probably written down on a piece of paper as a "to do" item. I tend to enjoy things more when I impulsively go for a walk on the beach or randomly pick up a paint brush. Even if it would have been on the to do list, if I just get up and, wash the dishes, for example, it feels like an act outside of my tight school schedule rather than something else I'm trying to squeeze in.

When I remember my time at the MARK Center; I think it true that it was so lovely because most of the important moments were unexpected and came to be serendipitously. God can do all the planning and executing and I'll just experience thank you!

On a more serious note I was reminded tonight of how important communion is to me, and to my ability to function with grace and strength and rest. I want to get into the practice of receiving it everyday.

When I'm not in a posture of rest, when there is no stillness of heart and spirit, I don't function well. I'm not able to receive or act in a grace- filled way. This excites me because it ultimately means coming closer and closer in relationship with God. Always the heart at the center of all my seeking and goals and labyrinths.

May God unconventionally move me into a place of peace and may He do the same for you!


1 comment:

Walshy said...

"theres a fountain flowing deep and wide.." now when I sing this during Sunday School hour I am going to picture you and you smiling little face!