I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Re-visiting Re-connecting and Re-membering

(Some of the Klassen family from my year in Abbotsford!)

I haven't written in a while and a lot has gone on. A couple weeks ago I was surprised and delighted to find an email from my buddy Jackson in my inbox. He wanted to see me before he left on his super awesome 5 month long trip. I was really really happy to hear from the Klassen's and hoped there was someway to get down there.

Fortunately Jackson volunteered to pick me up and when I got off the sky train station to meet him there was this totally grown up - genuinely cool guy who picked me right up off my feet in a hug!

One thing I love about the Klassen gang is their sweet and simple ability to just love you and bless you and care about your life. I've sure missed them! I spent an awesome "soup sunday" at their house and had some precious time with Evy on the drive home.

Being there and listening to Steve talk and others share really encouraged me to be even more intentional about listening to God again and being aware of where He is moving and what He is showing me every day. As my schedule picks up and my energy levels plummet, I'm aware that I could easily burn-out or fatigue. I just simply don't have time for that! I'm hoping to spend that ever necessary time with Jesus whenever I can and trust in his promises of peace and rest and quiet streams. I'm remembering that year in Abbotsford and how eye opening and amazing it was. I crave the life that was produced that year, and hope it can still be pulled out of me, even now.

...On a sillier note, I am understanding this turtle analogy even better. I almost waddle now, and I've slowed waay down (much to my annoyance)! Taking things slow and steady sure doesn't come natural to me. I need to remember the long slow walks we took, taking it in together. Jesus and me.

No comments: