I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

For His Glory

"But you O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high"
- psalm 3:3


I've been feeling like a loser lately.

And I've been worrying about things I don't normally worry about, getting angry at things that don't normally upset me.

I've been lonely for good solid friendships.

BUT God is present. And God is beyond good. He shields me from the negative criticism I bring on myself, and the ugly judgments from others...And He guides my path and knows what He is doing. The difference, from what I can tell between God listeners and non-listeners, is that no matter how low or how much we "fail", my worth is always in Christ, and I'm loved. I need Jesus. God isn't concerned with us appearing strong and together, for he uses the weak to shame the strong- for His glory.

1 comment:

Kroegeroos said...

I was just talking with a girl at church about how we're always such downers on ourselves. She was feeling like she needed to be doing something more important with her life than just being a mom.... it stinks that we really have believed a lie: that our identity comes from what we do etc... instead of who we are in Christ. And who did God use in the bible over and over again? Like you were saying, the weak... the regular workers etc.

I love your posts Elli!!