I don't really like pickleloaf.

I don't really like pickleloaf...I don't really like blogging. But here I am, blurting out whatever is on my mind.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Shrove Tuesday

The word "shrove" comes from "shrive" which is to confess...

I have been much too worried lately, about things within God's control, not mine
I have let anger build up in me, and out over trivial matters
I have used my words for death, rather than life
I have been ungrateful
I am using other methods to measure myself and worth, other than God's
I have not been present for Zoe and David as I would like
I have been unforgiving
I have been self focused and success focused
I have not been truly seeing, or hearing

So I am quite relieved that Lent is soon upon me! And with it, my intentions to...

FAST from outside and negative inside measures of my worth and who I am, instead focusing on who God says I am in scripture, and also to listen for His words of love during this season, and to fast from quick reactions, but to respnd with mercy and grace
PRAY because I put my trust in my prayers finding a listening and receptive ear, for myself my family, the world and concerns on my heart. for this binding prayer to meditate on and sink deep in:
I bind my mind to the mind of Christ
I bind my heart to the deep love of God
I bind my feet to the path you have called for my life
I bind my hands to receive all that you have for me, and to bless all they touch.
ALMSGIVING through non-financial ways such as truth -telling encouragement, smiles, craft work :) and time.

May God enrich your Lent and your lives!!



No comments: